Blog 2.1: Blogmouth Strikes Again

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The roaches scatter.

Hello internet; it's been 332 days (478,080 minutes) since my last post. Oh, I know that's a bit longer than usual but I've been busy, very busy.

First off, what's changed since I was here last? (Not the decor, that's for sure.)

Well, when we last "spoke" I was a construction worker and, from what I read about myself, an unhappy one. Well that's one thing that's not the same. Last April I got a job at a fantastic little company that sells commercial doors, frames and hardware. I'm sure you're gasping in excitement, don't inhale bugs. I've been here for 7 months and I'm actually getting fairly frequent raises, promotions and bonuses. I've even been sent on a few trans-state business trips! It's the best company I've ever worked for, they really invest in and care about the employees and treat them as family the best they can. Unless I kill someone or burn the building down (or just slack off blogging too much....ehh...hm) I think I can probably stay at this company and make decent money for as long as I want/need to. I also work with my best friend Jacob (he referred me to the company) and I get salary, an hour lunch and I don't start work till 8am, a definite improvement over the 6am from construction. And, yes, that is my "Office Space Red" Swingline.

Next up, as you know from the past posts I've met the girl of my dreams and we're still very much in love, however now our love has a government stamp of approval! We got married! One month and one day ago to be exact, we've now got our own house, some stuff to put in it and some plants in the yard. Someday I'll post some pictures of the wedding, once I get around to scanning them, but I'll tell you this much: it was the best and most beautiful wedding that's ever happened ever and I've got the best wife there ever was. And that's a fact, with science! Anyway, I'm 150% happier now than I was a year ago and certainly much happier than I was when this blog started. So much good stuff has happened to us this year and it seems to keep getting gooder. Sorry, "more gooder".The only thing that's going to tip the scales on total happiness is coming to a Koeppen Family soon, very soon. In fact, as I count it it's about 9 weeks away.

Jenny and I are going to have a baby! We got preggers in (probably) May or early June and we're expecting our daughter Sophia Marie in the next 2 months. It's going to be one hell of a 2007. More and more on that later however as the feelings and thoughts on becoming a father and husband would take way to long to sneak into a blog while I technically supposed to be working. I'll just say that it's awesome, it's awesome SO hard.

In summation, now that life is good and I spend my whole damn day in front of a computer screen I decided I missed blogging. So, I can't promise there will be content every day, just as you can't promise that anyone will actually read the content I post, but I'll make the effort to keep the icy void of the internet up to date.

Until next time, and it's good to be back.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the cutest ultrasound I've ever seen.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linking from MOG, Justin - I'll be curious to see how many more blog visits you get - Congratulations on the baby! Exciting times in store for you and your bride. You are a blessed couple with talent and fortune overflowing -
You'll find blogger has been busy this year, too - not like those MOG freaks but pretty close!

5:51 PM  
Blogger CobyHoff said...

Yeah.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Loco Ron said...

It's about time you fucker. >:

:) Missed this when you first posted it, as your RSS feed URL must have changed (I'm going to look into that after posting this... but I'm sure it has to do with the change to Blogger in Beta).

So, you were an unhappy construction worker at the beginning of the year, and now you say you're a happy office drone, with wife, and, soon, a child. But, my friend, is that really so?

"Unhappiness" is a negative state, correct? The opposite of which would be "happiness", a positive state. Now let's convert this to numbers. Unhappiness is any number less than zero, whereas happiness is any number greater than zero (hence the terms "negative" and "positive"). You go onto say you are "150% happier," percents being a function of multiplication, ie, you are "one and a half times as happy as you were." But, as any elementary math student can tell you, a negative times a positive is a negative. And 150% of any negative is just going to be a bigger negative!

Curious.

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home