Blog 138: A Mightly Blog
Saturday, October 01, 2005
Bless the little children and lay them at my feet, for I am the mighty volcano god and I demand sacrifice! Hi, I'm Puffy and welcome to another edition of "What the Hell is He Smoking?" Theater! Today is my bonus, unexpected day off so I'm up at 6:30am with nothing to do and I can't go back to sleep. So I'm blogging. Feel special... FEEL IT!Tomorrow it rained, that's the historical weather post-cast I just did there, and I was standing in it for 7 hours holding a shovel and a large, awkward piece of equiptment called a "Jumping Jack",
yeah, that's it right there in the picture. Well it hops around like a freaking jacked-up kangaroo and you have to hold onto it while it compacts gravel for you. But when there's an inch of standing water in the gravel it not-so-much compacts it as sprays dirty water in your eyes and nose. So I did that, and got rained on, all damn day. By the time I left I felt like I'd been thrown in a lake over and over again without cease for eternity and there was water on parts of my body that I didn't even know could get wet, like the inside of my fingernails, the backs of my eyes, my kneecaps. Wet. Very wet.But I'm not there today, so I only have to get wet once when I take a shower and that's all!
I'm looking into getting my CDL soon. From what I've been hearing around the ol' water jug is that just having my CDL could net me $2-$3 more an hour, which is never a bad thing. Plus it will open doors for me to get out of the trench for a while and maybe sit in a water truck and not do anything, or sit in an equiptment transport and not do anything, or drive a dump truck, dump a load, and not do anything. I hear the test isn't too tough so, rad.
Well, you wanna ssee a kid with whom you DO NOT MESS? Lookie Here, KAMPAI!



3 Comments:
jenny?!?
What the Hell is He Smoking anyway?
Wild-Wood Mmmmm.
Post a Comment
<< Home