Blog 136: The Best Little Bloghouse In Texas
Saturday, September 17, 2005
Holy Crap. This is a damn good album. I mean like, DAMN good.I just finished watching 4 hours of back to back episodes of America's Next Top Model on VH1. For some reason I'm filled with glee every time a girl gets kicked off and goes home crying. Does that make me a bad person? Probably. Does it make me a bad person that I spent my Saturday night watching reality television on VH1? No, no it doesn't. It makes me a hypocrite. But dammit, I was tired, it was a long day at work. Well, ok, that's not true. We goofed off for an hour when we got to work, took and hour lunch and quit a half hour early so we could sit on buckets and drink beer. But it was in Troutdale and I have to drive to Troutdale for at least the next 4 days and be there by 7am. Which means I have to get up early and deal with traffic and waste a lot of money on gas that's not kicked back to me in any form of compensation other than the paycheck I get every week. Which isn't ever enough. Maybe I should go get some city job that pays prevailing wage and make $22 an hour to test water sources or something. Not that I'm unhappy with $12 an hour but would I complain if they doubled my wage? No. That would be SO not like me.
So you see? The reason I watched reality television tonight is because I want a bigger paycheck. How does that not make sense?
I'm going to the beach tomorrow with Jenny, as I may have alluded to previously, and I hope the weather isn't crappy because I'm gonna need to take off my shoes and run into the water. I haven't been to the beach in almost 2 years, maybe it has been 2 years, maybe it's been 60. It seems that way. Anyway, it gives me great satisfaction to know that the girl I'm taking will still radiate a Neil Diamond buzz that I can vicariously bask in as she just saw him tonight at the Rose Garden. The Sequined One himself. Awesome.But I go to bed now as I must get up early enough to make copies of all the albums I'm going to need in the car and to make at least one beach themed mix before I head out to McMinnville, plus showering, gassing up Stella (my car) and maybe getting a cooler with something in it. I don't know what yet. Maybe kidneys.



3 Comments:
here's guessing that the date went good, because no new post yet.
if there was a new post by now, i would have expected it to be because the date failed.
so, it must have been a resounding success. maybe it's no more internets for justin now! it's girls, instead! go go!
So, you better be right about that Sigur Ros album, 'cause I just plunked the cash down on Amazon. Reading the reviews and knowing what the last 2 albums sound like, though, I'm pretty sure I'll be happy.
wrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post a Comment
<< Home