Blog 128: Street Fighting Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2005

List of things I hate:

1. When my computer freezes up when I'm in the middle of a post.
2. ...

Well I guess right now that's all I hate. Cause it happened. What you at home didn't see was me trying to choke the shit out of my computer with my bare hands, failing, then getting a soda.

So, let's go with take 2.

After a 55 hour week in the sun I've decided that construction sucks as much as it needs to to make me drift between wanting to quit and wanting to keep getting large money. Not that I've gotten any money yet, that's next Friday, but the very prospect of making twice what I made in Lakeview makes me ignore the rednecks, the sweltering heat, the slave labor, the thrice daily beatings from the masked whip-master, the gas chamber, having one third of a finger cut off each lunch break by a pair of old bolt cutters, porta-potties. You know, all the usual construction work stuff. With that money I'll be able to buy all the things I've always wanted. Like a car that doesn't suckle ass, an apartment, new contacts, more music, hookers. You know all the usual consumer stuff. If all goes as planned I could have myself an apartment in as little as 2 weeks, putting me right on schedule for wooing some special lady back to said apartment for cartoons and microbrews. Glorious.

Other than that I still need to go camping, I still need to go to the beach and I still need to see a decent live show. Then my re-entry to society will be complete. I've already been to (but not bought anything from) a Starbucks, and been in a 90 minute traffic journey so I can check those off.

Well, ok. It's past my bed time so I'm off to bed. I "promise" I'll post more often this week.

Oh, P.S. Punch and Pie.

3 Comments:

Blogger lilmammal said...

Sodas are always nice after violent, failed attacks.

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome! you're on the FAST TRACK to LADYFAME!

seriously though, congrats to you for getting out of the hell-hole.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Armarna said...

Umm. Hello. :) I be alive... as alive as be can be. Dunno what that means, really - but I did get a job as well... started a few days ago. $14 an hour for editing, basically. And I'm perfectly okay with this. I'm glad to hear things are going moderately well for you (on regards to the construction) as things are going stellar for me. When I have a few, I'll actually attempt to post to my blog. :) Miss you muchly.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home