Blog 118: The Chain Gang of Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Current MC: MC Chris

Fuck yeah.

So, it's a little late, but here's my birthday story. It's not Mardi Gras or anything, cause I'm not a Mardi Gras kinda guy. Anyway. Carldar, The FriGG!! and I went to Klamath Falls with Chaz-tastic and Dude G for some antics. We stopped by Ross for some bad ass clothing items. I got a bitchin' girl magnet shirt and changed into it in the parking lot. I also got a sweet baby blue and brown track jacket that might sound ugly but it really is. But it's also tastefully ugly and totally awesome. Mini Finch likes it fine. Who? Nevermind. So then after browsing the Fred Meyer Music Department and finding Home Movies Season 2 but realizing I didn't have the dough I set the building on fire and we left. After that Carldar, The FriGG!! and I went to Black Dog for beers and billiards. After getting my pool cueing ass handed to me a few times and drinking some tasty Obsidian Stout we wandered out onto the street to find a phone to call Jason. We met him at his hotel room and he, his wife and kid and the three single gentlemen went to Applebee's for some hot wings and deserts. Then we drove home and arrived at about 1am, just in time for me to sleep in till noonish on Sunday. That's about it. I had a blast considering that it was K Falls and all, but the company was good and it was better than I'd hoped for. So now I'm 25 in style. W00t.

I also gave my notice at work last Saturday, they didn't seem too broken up, but then there's not a lot they can do about it. I'm out, that's it. Unless they were to offer my $20 an hour to stay, but I wouldn't even pay my ego that much. I mean me! I wouldn't pay ME that much!

So, 9 days. No more no less. In 9 days I'll be throwing my crap in a truck and leaving Lakeview for good. It's been an eventful year, if you've read the entirety of my blog you've been there for about 7/12ths of it.

Once I get back to civilization I get to have a leash, I mean cell phone, again. Only trouble is it's through Verizon, which means 2 things: 1. Being that Verizon's network operates at 800Mhz exclusively, that means that almost no unlocked phones will work on that system. 2. That means I have to have a semi-crappy phone from a Verizon store. All LG and Audiovox, I didn't find one I liked even one hand in my pants worth. But hey, attaching myself to my dad n' brothers' family plan means that I'll have plenty of minutes for $10 a month. Can't argue with that too much. So, when the time comes, I'll give all the important people my number. You know who you are.

Ok, so bed time. The power went out last night at about 2am, I woke up for some reason at 2:30 and stayed awake for an hour until the power came on. Who knew that it could still be so hot in my room at 2am? Well then the power went out again whilst I was at work, so they sent us home. Initial reports indicated that the power problem wouldn't be fixed for enough hours so that I wouldn't have to go back. Well the power came back on about 30 minutes later, so the boss' great idea was to eliminate lunch so we'd still get our full 9 hours, 'cept I didn't eat on our "break". It was a hard day to deal with. But it's over now, I've got spicy chicken in my tummy and I'm gonna sleep like a solid gold manbaby.

Damn skippy.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

requesting a change of "solid gold baby" to "solid gold manbaby". that would be 10x awesome.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Request Approved!

5:53 AM  
Blogger lilmammal said...

I'm so glad I read the ammended version first. I am a fan of "manbaby."

7:58 AM  
Blogger CobyHoff said...

One knows that one is important because it is the first number. Everything starts with it. I'll tell you what number isn't important. 9. I mean, 7, 8, 9, and no one even noticed. The guy is digesting inside of 7's gut, and we still dutifully include it when we count. Wait. I just realized that a late-comer in the game usurped 1 of its firstness. 0. 0 wasn't even invented until within the last few thousand years. What's up with that? This new number just pops up out of nowhere and all of the sudden gets to be at the front? Sounds like BS to me. Someone oughta sick 7 on that jerk.

9:35 AM  
Blogger CobyHoff said...

So, about Verizon phones, though. It's not just that they are at 800 mhz. It's that they are not even GSM. They are CDMA. You can't buy any unlocked phones for the verizon network at all. Only phones made for Verizon work using CDMA. (at least in the USA) Not to fear! There is a new-comer on the market that is totally awesome from LG. The VX8100. That bad-boy has bluetooth, baby! 1.3 megapixel camera. Mini SD card to add all kinds of crazy memory. Verizon finally has a phone that is as cool as the ones available on the GSM network. So, try this link:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=1820
It may or may not work and stuff.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

approved requests are saving our planet! cheers!

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home