Blog 113: Little Fury Blogs

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Current age: 24 years 363 days

I'm back! From where? Nowhere! I've just been very busy this week helping friends move to various places. I'm done now. But in about a week I have to start packing up my own meager belongings as I'm FINALLY LEAVING! Yeeeeaaah boeeeey! That's right, August 6th I throw my shit into a truck bed and drive off, never to return. Hopefully. I haven't been so happy since I found out that Paris Hilton was mistaken for a dead hobo and incernerated in a blast furnace! What? That hasn't happened yet? Well then I guess I've never been this happy.

Wow, so much has happened this week, let's see. Armarna moved to Alaska yesterday, that was sad cause I'll miss her a bunch. I hope she finds what she needs in the Land of the Midnight Sun, I also hope she gets sick of it and moves within 3,000 miles of me again. But that's selfish. Ron also moved out and is now camping with Brady in Klamath Falls, but that's ok cause he's still here all the time.

I've started yet another blog, I alluded to it in recent posts, it's going to be basically a weekly summary of everything that's wrong with the world. It will allow me to be pessimistic and cynical without tainting the usually cheery environment of this blog. Details to come in the near future. I'll most likely update every Monday being that it's the worst day of the week. Fitting.

I've "designed" a t-shirt that's likely to come off as hilarious or totally vain, I'd be fine with both. That's right, it's a shirt with my own face on it. Like I said, either funny or insulting and crass. I'm SO not ordering it from customink though, cause they want like $20 per shirt and I don't think it's worth that much. I'll eventually invest in some iron-on transfers and just make it myself. If anyone else wants one, for any reason, just let me know and I can totally hook you up. The FriGG!! has already put in his order. I doubt it'll be a big seller.

Ummm....let's see. I got my 90 day review at work on Wednesday, apparently I do a great job and they feel like they can rely on me to perform at a higher level than most other employees. That was a good ego boost for the day but I think they'll be a little let down when I give my 2 week notice tomorrow. (gasp) It's a shame, I love my job, I love the company and the people I work with, but I really hate Lakeview. No girls, no social scene, no records or book stores. It's just not the right environment for a single 25 year old fella who wears odd clothes and puts wax in his hair, you know? Perhaps when I'm 60 and retired I can move back to a similar place with my future wife and it won't seem so lame. To be honest, if I even had a girlfriend and my own place I probably wouldn't leave so quickly. But I have neither and there's no hope for improvement here. To me Portland means rock shows, record stores, good beer, late nights and fun times with friends. Lakeview means deciding what lame movie to watch at who's parent's house cause we're all dependent. No good beer, no bars, no late night coffee, nothing. Screw this place.

So that's that. At the moment I'm revisiting Death Cab for Cutie. Turns out I don't hate them anymore. I used to because of Ben Gibbard. After a while I got tired of sad songs about seeing ex-girlfriends at parties, cold winters and lonely road trips, but now I'm warming up to them again. I mean it's damn good music. But that's neither here nor there. I'm gonna relax now for the remainder of the evening because it's finally cloudy here and that means it's not AS hot as it usually is. Cheers.

Oh, by the way, I'm slacking off on the Indie Equation because according to my stat tracker, no one reads it anymore. I don't want to let it die but I also don't know how to advertise in more effective ways than I've already been using. Meh. We'll see if it survives.

On the other hand, it appears that this blog has tripled it's return visitors in the last 3 weeks, so thanks to all who make it a point to visit, even when I don't post for a week. As always, I love you all from the bottom of my shoes.

1 Comments:

Blogger lilmammal said...

That is one sweet-ass tee.

"I've come to wish you an unhappy birthday. I've come to wish you an unhappy birthday 'cause you're evil and you lie and if you should die I may feel slightly sad but I won't cry..."

Ha! JK. Happy 25th this weekend.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home