Blog 102: Been Caught Blogging

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Current Crunch: Raisin Bran

Straight from the box, B-ratch!

Did you know there are rich people all over the place? Right here, all around you, there are people with more money than you, or me. Especially me.

Cause I'm broke. Ass.

Lemme tell you a little story about workin for the man. I work for the man, he's a big man and he has all the damn money. Every two weeks he gives me some and I spend it on what I like to call "The Three B's": Bills, Beer and Consumer Services. I mean...ok. It's "The Two B's and Consumer Services". Fukit, ok. Anyway, I need more of that there bling bling. I'm not saying I'm underpaid, for the work I do it's pretty fair, but with college loans and phone and internet bills and insurance and food it spreads thin like buttah on a big ass piece of bread. Like a beach towel sized slab of Texas Toast. But I digress, I'm looking for a new job, so if you live near Portland and know of any jobs that bay $10 or over that require little experience and don't involve sales or call center work, you just go ahead and let me know, n'kay? N'kay. Aside from that, life is... in session.

In a month I plan to be back in P-Town trying to hook myself into the social pipeline, hopefully on my way to a new place with a new job. I find that my daydreams of this life tend to sabotage my actual progress. As in, I prefer to imagine myself already living the good life and forget to actually take the steps necessary to achieve it. Like right now for instance, I could be surfing for a job, but instead I'm telling you people about it on my award winning blog. I, Puff "The Magic" Koeppen, am a professional procrastinator. I took the class, got the card and not I sit back on my ass and do it all tomorrow. It's been that way all along, there are aspects of this malady that have improved over time, such as my determination to keep this little honey of a motor-blog up to date, and my continuing gym activity. Plus when I saw the chance to do something new with my life by moving to oblivion I took it, and the results are still pending on whether or not it was actually in my bestest of interests. But thinking about all the new hurdles I've placed in my path that I must leap in order to basically put myself back a year causes me some grief. I'm plagued by questions that I, nor anyone else available, can answer; Can I afford rent? Can I find a decent job? Does this look infected to you? Sometimes my lazy side tries to wrench control away from my atrophied but soldiering progressive side and tell me to "just give up on the idea, just stay in your head and dream of a better life while your phone rings off the hook from creditors calling and your mail box bends at the joints from late notices and overdraft fees. Don't think about getting out of town, don't even think about doing laundry or wiping the food wrappers off your desk, just post to your damn blog, check your MySpace and watch cartoons. If you ignore your problems they'll just go away." Well how long can I circle in that pattern? How many times can I check my bank balance and sigh, knowing there won't be enough pearls to throw at all the swine? Not many more times, that's how many. I wish I had a guaranteed fix for my head, something that would snap me out of it and force me to get my ass up and out doing things for the future, not just for the immediate, but I don't, and I don't think there is anything I can just do, other than make myself work right. Damn, that's a chore. I can barely keep my houseplants alive at this point, what makes me thing I can handle my own life? Blech.

One thing I will say is that I hope I can look back on this time in my life as the incline, the uphill battle to something good. In ten years, if I read that sentence and realize that not only am I still going up hill, but that I've been climbing the wrong mountain, you can tell the cops why. Why what? Exactly.

1 Comments:

Blogger marrie said...

You could work at FedEx.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home