Blog 101: Lift Your Skinny Blogs Like Antennas to Heaven
Monday, June 27, 2005
Current Clove: Djarum Black
Welcome back all my loyal and loving Puffheads, and welcome back me! It's been a week since the first annual "Puffies" and I'm living it up with that golden idol on my mantle. I figured 7 days was enough time for everyone on Earth to get an eyeful of my fantasticism so I'll now resume my usual witty and sometimes insightful droning. Let's get this Bicentennial Blog rolling!
One of the main reasons I didn't post last week was that I took a 5 day trip up to Portland for the Wedding of the Hoff. I originally intended to keep your thirsty minds updated with tidbits and morsels of my vacation but as it turned out I was way to busy drinkin beers and visiting friends and sleeping without an alarm clock to be bothered. My apologies, for the gritty day-to-day account feel free to visit The FriGG!! as he's taken a much more proactive approach to documenting our mindless shenanigans. For those of you without hyperlink technology (Outer Mongolia, I'm looking at you) I'll now give you the play-by-play of the day-by-day. Cause I roll like dat.
Tuesday after work I packed my guitar, computer, suitcase and my The FriGG!! and headed out, about an hour later than I'd planned, but so what, it's vacation. About 20 miles out of town I got pulled over by one of the Wasteland's finest. He caught me doing 75 on a straight stretch of flat desert highway in the middle of nowhere in broad daylight with perfect visibility. Shame on me. Luckily he let me off with a light chiding and no ticket. Off to a good start. The rest of the drive up was uneventful until Bend when The FriGG!! HAD to stop for a Slurpee. It's ok, I needed a stretch and I found a delightful pair of Jackie O shades at the 7-11 that I can wear to hide my identity from the press. After that it was just continual driving and fantastic tunes. I heard Idiot Pilot, the new System of a Down and plenty of much deserved Queens of the Stone Age. We got to Hoffman's at about 11 something and after the introductions and chatting with Jacob and Jenn we hit that hay with a vengeance. Wednesday we went out in search of tacos and records. We found both in abundance, the tacos became unrivaled fast food decadence with our first experience with the Spicy Chicken Crunch Wrap at Taco Bell. Have you had one? No? EAT ONE! They're utterly the best I assure you. After that we hit up the Bestest Buy for new Coldplay and new Gorillaz. Then it was across the street to Everyday Music (my home base for High Fidelity-esque browsing and shop talk) to acquire me some new Dredg, new Mike Doughty and a cheap-as-free copy of Dirt by Alice in Chains, cause I didn't have it. Then it was time to get caught in a torrent of rain that even the Hawaiians would have been impressed by. Must have been nearly a half inch of water in under 20 minutes. Moist. We then attended the rehearsal dinner at Pietros (famous for "pizza") and then did our little pre-wedding huddle. After that it was on to McMenamins for tasties and brews, then onto all night coffee shop for political and social dialogues. Then more sleep. Thursday was wander around downtown and play in Salmon Street Fountain in our clothes day, followed by visit the parents and free steak dinner at mom's, topped off nicely with more sleep. Friday was a nicely rounded day of getting my tux then grabbing our axes and going downtown again to play guitar on the street for gas and beer money. It worked out nicely. Some DJ from some club gave us money, I fell madly in love with Anna from Care.org who was getting support for her cause on the opposite corner. She's the reason guys like me get politically active. But since I myself was begging for change I had none to offer the third world. But she gave me 3 handshakes, 10 smiles and a few bucks for our own cause. After 8 hours of improvised songs and whatever else we knew it was time for Rockbottom. Mmm, dear lordy, that's some good Rockbottom. I met friends of The FriGG!! such as Tori and Dawna. After RB we went to yet another McMenamins to meet up with more people and hung out till 3am. I got to ride bitch in Dawna's truck. It was cramped, really really cramped. But Dawna smelled nice so it wasn't so bad. Saturday was the wedding, it was a great wedding. I danced like I meant it. I toasted the couple, I hugged a lot of people, I had champagne and beer and wine. Everyone else got trashed, I just pulled out my best Beck dance stylings all by myself since I was one of the only singles in the whole damn place.
Sunday we drove, again, to Madras to meet up with Andy and Carl, who gave my a sock full of quarters to save my life. I'm in his debt. I lost my The FriGG!! there to the pull of whatever immature skylarkings were to take place. He'll be back later. Then I drove home and slept. Then today I went to work. That's about it.
So. I have more stuff to talk about other than the road trip but since this post is rivaling War and Peace in length and tedium, I think I'll call it good.
Thanks to all who were there in celebration of Blog 100, I never thought I'd make it this far and I really never thought people would keep reading. Despite all the harsh things I said about you, I really do love you all. Besides, my producer wrote my speech. I need to fire him.
Welcome back all my loyal and loving Puffheads, and welcome back me! It's been a week since the first annual "Puffies" and I'm living it up with that golden idol on my mantle. I figured 7 days was enough time for everyone on Earth to get an eyeful of my fantasticism so I'll now resume my usual witty and sometimes insightful droning. Let's get this Bicentennial Blog rolling!
One of the main reasons I didn't post last week was that I took a 5 day trip up to Portland for the Wedding of the Hoff. I originally intended to keep your thirsty minds updated with tidbits and morsels of my vacation but as it turned out I was way to busy drinkin beers and visiting friends and sleeping without an alarm clock to be bothered. My apologies, for the gritty day-to-day account feel free to visit The FriGG!! as he's taken a much more proactive approach to documenting our mindless shenanigans. For those of you without hyperlink technology (Outer Mongolia, I'm looking at you) I'll now give you the play-by-play of the day-by-day. Cause I roll like dat.
Tuesday after work I packed my guitar, computer, suitcase and my The FriGG!! and headed out, about an hour later than I'd planned, but so what, it's vacation. About 20 miles out of town I got pulled over by one of the Wasteland's finest. He caught me doing 75 on a straight stretch of flat desert highway in the middle of nowhere in broad daylight with perfect visibility. Shame on me. Luckily he let me off with a light chiding and no ticket. Off to a good start. The rest of the drive up was uneventful until Bend when The FriGG!! HAD to stop for a Slurpee. It's ok, I needed a stretch and I found a delightful pair of Jackie O shades at the 7-11 that I can wear to hide my identity from the press. After that it was just continual driving and fantastic tunes. I heard Idiot Pilot, the new System of a Down and plenty of much deserved Queens of the Stone Age. We got to Hoffman's at about 11 something and after the introductions and chatting with Jacob and Jenn we hit that hay with a vengeance. Wednesday we went out in search of tacos and records. We found both in abundance, the tacos became unrivaled fast food decadence with our first experience with the Spicy Chicken Crunch Wrap at Taco Bell. Have you had one? No? EAT ONE! They're utterly the best I assure you. After that we hit up the Bestest Buy for new Coldplay and new Gorillaz. Then it was across the street to Everyday Music (my home base for High Fidelity-esque browsing and shop talk) to acquire me some new Dredg, new Mike Doughty and a cheap-as-free copy of Dirt by Alice in Chains, cause I didn't have it. Then it was time to get caught in a torrent of rain that even the Hawaiians would have been impressed by. Must have been nearly a half inch of water in under 20 minutes. Moist. We then attended the rehearsal dinner at Pietros (famous for "pizza") and then did our little pre-wedding huddle. After that it was on to McMenamins for tasties and brews, then onto all night coffee shop for political and social dialogues. Then more sleep. Thursday was wander around downtown and play in Salmon Street Fountain in our clothes day, followed by visit the parents and free steak dinner at mom's, topped off nicely with more sleep. Friday was a nicely rounded day of getting my tux then grabbing our axes and going downtown again to play guitar on the street for gas and beer money. It worked out nicely. Some DJ from some club gave us money, I fell madly in love with Anna from Care.org who was getting support for her cause on the opposite corner. She's the reason guys like me get politically active. But since I myself was begging for change I had none to offer the third world. But she gave me 3 handshakes, 10 smiles and a few bucks for our own cause. After 8 hours of improvised songs and whatever else we knew it was time for Rockbottom. Mmm, dear lordy, that's some good Rockbottom. I met friends of The FriGG!! such as Tori and Dawna. After RB we went to yet another McMenamins to meet up with more people and hung out till 3am. I got to ride bitch in Dawna's truck. It was cramped, really really cramped. But Dawna smelled nice so it wasn't so bad. Saturday was the wedding, it was a great wedding. I danced like I meant it. I toasted the couple, I hugged a lot of people, I had champagne and beer and wine. Everyone else got trashed, I just pulled out my best Beck dance stylings all by myself since I was one of the only singles in the whole damn place.
Sunday we drove, again, to Madras to meet up with Andy and Carl, who gave my a sock full of quarters to save my life. I'm in his debt. I lost my The FriGG!! there to the pull of whatever immature skylarkings were to take place. He'll be back later. Then I drove home and slept. Then today I went to work. That's about it.
So. I have more stuff to talk about other than the road trip but since this post is rivaling War and Peace in length and tedium, I think I'll call it good.
Thanks to all who were there in celebration of Blog 100, I never thought I'd make it this far and I really never thought people would keep reading. Despite all the harsh things I said about you, I really do love you all. Besides, my producer wrote my speech. I need to fire him.



4 Comments:
Good to meet you sir. Glad that the frigg has met such great people in Lakeview.
Perhaps we'll meet again.
it was good to see ya again jow ever sleepy you were at the time and woot i got name recognition saaaweeeet
however even i can type no really ok i can't DON'T LOOK AT ME! -covers face and runs into the night even tho its miday-
I'm married!
Post a Comment
<< Home