Blog 90: The Whole Blog Is Falling Apart
Tuesday, May 31, 2005
Current Soundtrack: Enation
And it is GOOD!
Right, well I held your attention for 18 hours and I'm so sure everyone is dying to read this update. Well it's not that big of a deal. Not really. Backstory:
I went home, as you may know, for Memorial Day Weekend™ (brought to you by GI Joes®.) and had a great and relaxing time visiting friends and family. Most of whom are dying to have me move back to the Portland area. Now up until recently my stand on this has been fairly clear: Hillsboro, or at least the side I lived on, has become a vast expanse of shitty, cramped apartments and subdivisions and mini-malls. There are many reasons behind the poor choices that the planning commision from Metro have made in regards to the zoning of Hillsboro, but nonetheless it has turned my once quaint town into Southern California without all the movie stars. I'm sickened by the traffic, the commecializm and the disregard for posterity that I see covering every square foot of land like a plague. So, with those bitter ideals held high I swore I'd never return. I'd chosen Eugene instead. Smaller, hippier, college chickier, it seemed the perfect destination for me. I was stoked.
Well after sitting down and having some wonderful and exciting conversations with the aforementioned frineds and family I decided that maybe moving home wouldn't be SO bad. I mean there are plenty of places to live around there that isn't in East Hillsboro, after all. I've already got a friend lined up that needs a roomie and I've got spies hunting for jobs and women for me as we speak. So I've changed my ever-fickle mind once again and decided that I'll give the Hub City another chance. Providing I can stay as far away from the cesspools of Orenco, Tanasbourne, Quatama, Beaver Creek, Willow Creek and Elmonica...to name a few. Barring any miraculous job opportunities in the next few weeks I'm still planning to stay in Lakeview for the summer but as soon as August starts rolling I'm going to be looking elsewhere. Or sooner, it's in God's hands I guess you would say.
So that's what's up.
Oh, and the lunchbox I was going to rent got rented right out from under me while I was out of town so now I'm on the market for a new place again. Fun.
And it is GOOD!
Right, well I held your attention for 18 hours and I'm so sure everyone is dying to read this update. Well it's not that big of a deal. Not really. Backstory:
I went home, as you may know, for Memorial Day Weekend™ (brought to you by GI Joes®.) and had a great and relaxing time visiting friends and family. Most of whom are dying to have me move back to the Portland area. Now up until recently my stand on this has been fairly clear: Hillsboro, or at least the side I lived on, has become a vast expanse of shitty, cramped apartments and subdivisions and mini-malls. There are many reasons behind the poor choices that the planning commision from Metro have made in regards to the zoning of Hillsboro, but nonetheless it has turned my once quaint town into Southern California without all the movie stars. I'm sickened by the traffic, the commecializm and the disregard for posterity that I see covering every square foot of land like a plague. So, with those bitter ideals held high I swore I'd never return. I'd chosen Eugene instead. Smaller, hippier, college chickier, it seemed the perfect destination for me. I was stoked.
Well after sitting down and having some wonderful and exciting conversations with the aforementioned frineds and family I decided that maybe moving home wouldn't be SO bad. I mean there are plenty of places to live around there that isn't in East Hillsboro, after all. I've already got a friend lined up that needs a roomie and I've got spies hunting for jobs and women for me as we speak. So I've changed my ever-fickle mind once again and decided that I'll give the Hub City another chance. Providing I can stay as far away from the cesspools of Orenco, Tanasbourne, Quatama, Beaver Creek, Willow Creek and Elmonica...to name a few. Barring any miraculous job opportunities in the next few weeks I'm still planning to stay in Lakeview for the summer but as soon as August starts rolling I'm going to be looking elsewhere. Or sooner, it's in God's hands I guess you would say.
So that's what's up.
Oh, and the lunchbox I was going to rent got rented right out from under me while I was out of town so now I'm on the market for a new place again. Fun.



1 Comments:
I just moved up to Sacramento from the Bay Area to be closer to my family. I know I made the right decision, but it's tougher to start over again than I imagined.
Post a Comment
<< Home