Blog 81: We Are Living in a Material Blog...and I am a Material Girl

Friday, May 13, 2005




I got to start my weekend early this week. So mad props to me, cause I did nothing special. hte best part is, I'm off work for the week at 10am on Friday and I still put in 40 hours. It's a good thing.

I lay...lie....layed...lied.... I was in bed last night thinking, as I usually do, and I got all excited about the new possibilites and opportunities this summer and fall will hold for me if the Eugene thing works out. I can take some classes at UofO, network with new people, join a band, take yoga and Jujitsu or something like I've always wanted to. I feel so energized by the prospect of moving out into the world again that I've started exercising with my bike and I joined up at the local gym for some extra weight liftins. It's all very exciting for me considering how little I did while I was living in Hillsboro. I guess when you're surrounded by everything you just forget that it's there, but when it's not there you start to view little things like record stores and coffee shops and book stores as incredible, exotic locales spoken of only in myth. Therefore, if you live in a city where you find yourself bored and always complaining that there's nothing to do like I did, move to a tiny town in the middle of nowhere until you get to the point where you think that the rodeo is awesome. Then you know it's time to leave.

I'm getting there. Cowboy up, biatch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home