Blog 79: Blog of the Edmund Fitzgerald

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Current Elevation: 4798 Ft

Went on a shopping spree last weekend and picked myself up a bike. That's right, my own bike, for me, not you. Only it's been raining for 6 straight days so I haven't really got to try it out much. I bought it so I could ride to work and get some exercise to loose some excess pudgy around the ole' mid-section. Plus bikes don't use gas, and gas is, how you say, a rip off at the moment? The price per barrel just jumped over $52 today because of a power outage at a US refinery. The lights flicker and oil goes up. Great. Now there's volatile markets and then there's VOLATILE MARKETS. But enough about that. At least I don't drive a suburban assault vehicle.

This week has been good so far, despite it's abundance of Tuesdayness. (It's a word) We're already taking care of next week's orders at work and that smells like early weekend to me. Unless the powers that be decide to get all nasty and make us invent new things to do at work. Let's hope not.

So I've decided on a place to migrate to after my stint in Lakeview and that place is Eugene, Oregon. The male half of the dissolved relationship I mentioned previously is going to move beck there as soon as he finds suitable employment and he says he needs a roommate. That would be me. I think of it as a step in the right direction. It's about 5 or so hours closer to my family, it's got a college full of people roughly my own age (plus college hotties), it has record stores, bands play there often, there are bars that serve more than Coors, Bud and their offspring and what's more, it's not Hillsboro! YAY! So, we'll see if that pans out. Most likely not till end of summer anyway, which is the departure time I was shooting for anyway so it just might work out reasonably well. It's like one of those whole new chapters in life or something. And then I can date again, which, I've got to tell you, I am looking forward to, since it's been....let's see 18 months since I've had any action. At all. Not even a handshake. (Not that kind, you're dirty!)

I'd like to take this sub-paragraph to thank all those who were there to offer their opinions and advice on true love. It helped a lot and I've been thinking a lot about it over the last week. Even my mommy was there to help me! I've come to some sort of conclusion on it as well. I think that it's best to loose your expectations on love. If you go into it not expecting it to turn out a specific way and just focus on the giving and the communication and the devotion then love will be whatever it wants to be and you just get to enjoy it. I realize it's silly to hope for that John Hughes type of romance because it's not only unrealistic, it's like planting two different trees and being upset when they grow up to be two different trees. I feel like I've come full circle in my ideology towards love. I used to know that all relationships are unique and can't be compared against others for their validity. I learned this from church and it's description of your relationship with God, and now I've stupidly realized years later that it means the same thing in the corporeal as well as in the metaphysical. Who knew?

With that I close. I hope to have something interesting to post about soon, but as of late my life has fallen back into the soporific paradigm that is the 54 hour work week. And this handsome 24 year old bachelor with a lot to offer and the heart of a child has to go to bed cause he works tomorrow. Nighty Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home