Blog 75: 20,000 Blogs Under the Sea
Friday, April 29, 2005
Current High: Sugar
Tonight I'm going to see Sin City at the local theater. It sounds run of the mill for most people, but here's some backstory for yo ass. Lakeview has one theater, it plays one movie a week, only to Sunday, only one showing a day. That means that they usually never get anything over PG-13, ie, nothing good. Now and then they have an ok romantic comedy or a cartoon or something. But no R ratings except once, and that was for The Passion of the Jesus. (nod to Foamy the Squirrel) Now putting The Passion up against Sin City seems almost obviously antipodean, but it's even more so when you consider that one R rated film is about The Jesus, and the other is about ass kicking strippers and gritty carnage. Granted, the Jesus movie was more or less 2+ hours of a man being tortured for no legal reason, but hey, at least it didn't have boobies and naughty language. And as we all know, in America it's perfectly acceptable to see a bullet pass through a skull at point blank range or to hear a line like "...and that's where investigators found her severed head and the severed head of her unborn child covered in mayonnaise" on the nightly news, but if a floppy old titty pops halfway out of a pleather corset or if someone says a swear, it's bad news bears and MY GOD THE CHILDREN! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
They've never heard the word fuck at school or on their parent-funded 50 Cent album, and god knows they'll never see another naked human body, but it's ok for them to know what a brutal murder looks like.
Sigh.
Anyway, the point of all of this is that I'm going to be counting the number of people that walk out of the theater tonight mid-movie with disgust on their faces and bits of popcorn on their shirts because I just don't think this town can handle Sin City. I'll be there for the whole thing, hell, if it's good enough I might be there tomorrow night, too. But I digress. I think. I don't really know what the hell I was talking about anyway.
In other news, it's Friday! And that doesn't mean shit to me! Cause I'm pulling a 54 hour week and I get to go to the mill for 9 hours tomorrow as if it were still NOT THE WEEKEND! But that's ok, it's ok. Cause 14 hours of disproportionately taxed overtime on my check will taste like sweet honey in my pants. Or...wait. Nevermind. Money is good, murder is bad and Jessica Alba is hot. So is James "Jaimie" King. So is Mickey Rourke. I kid, I kid.
Tonight I'm going to see Sin City at the local theater. It sounds run of the mill for most people, but here's some backstory for yo ass. Lakeview has one theater, it plays one movie a week, only to Sunday, only one showing a day. That means that they usually never get anything over PG-13, ie, nothing good. Now and then they have an ok romantic comedy or a cartoon or something. But no R ratings except once, and that was for The Passion of the Jesus. (nod to Foamy the Squirrel) Now putting The Passion up against Sin City seems almost obviously antipodean, but it's even more so when you consider that one R rated film is about The Jesus, and the other is about ass kicking strippers and gritty carnage. Granted, the Jesus movie was more or less 2+ hours of a man being tortured for no legal reason, but hey, at least it didn't have boobies and naughty language. And as we all know, in America it's perfectly acceptable to see a bullet pass through a skull at point blank range or to hear a line like "...and that's where investigators found her severed head and the severed head of her unborn child covered in mayonnaise" on the nightly news, but if a floppy old titty pops halfway out of a pleather corset or if someone says a swear, it's bad news bears and MY GOD THE CHILDREN! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
They've never heard the word fuck at school or on their parent-funded 50 Cent album, and god knows they'll never see another naked human body, but it's ok for them to know what a brutal murder looks like.
Sigh.
Anyway, the point of all of this is that I'm going to be counting the number of people that walk out of the theater tonight mid-movie with disgust on their faces and bits of popcorn on their shirts because I just don't think this town can handle Sin City. I'll be there for the whole thing, hell, if it's good enough I might be there tomorrow night, too. But I digress. I think. I don't really know what the hell I was talking about anyway.
In other news, it's Friday! And that doesn't mean shit to me! Cause I'm pulling a 54 hour week and I get to go to the mill for 9 hours tomorrow as if it were still NOT THE WEEKEND! But that's ok, it's ok. Cause 14 hours of disproportionately taxed overtime on my check will taste like sweet honey in my pants. Or...wait. Nevermind. Money is good, murder is bad and Jessica Alba is hot. So is James "Jaimie" King. So is Mickey Rourke. I kid, I kid.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home