Blog 72: Everybody's Blogging for the Weekend
Thursday, April 14, 2005
Hi. This is my obligatory blog to let people know that I'm not dead and stinky in a dumpster somewhere. Work is fine, it's weird to be doing something all day again, but the job is physical and repetative and not too hard so the time goes by kinda fast. My hands are changing from the supple velvety model-esue hands they were, to the callused, hardened, swollen, bloody ham hammers that they are now. Over all, I feel a bit like Nancy Karrigan, as though someone has beaten me mercilessly about the knees and calves with a lead pipe. All day long I can be heard around the mill wailing "Why!? Why?! Why!?".
That's an exaggeration, I do hurt but I'm confident that by next week I'll be adapted to the conditions and be able to pull a 9 hour day standing on my head. Though I doubt I'd be very effective stacking and tying bungles of molding while on my head, but you get the idea.
I've lost contact with the majority of the people who know me, not with ill intent, but because I get up at 5am and return home at 3:30 wiped out and hobbling like an old, old man. This weekend will be my first meaningful weekend in 3 months, that calls for celebration. On Saturday I plan on drinking Nyquil ( I have a cold, not an addiction) and sleeping until Sunday when I'll clean my compartment and water my poor plants. After that, who knows... my money's on another long week of work. Adjustments adjustments....
That's an exaggeration, I do hurt but I'm confident that by next week I'll be adapted to the conditions and be able to pull a 9 hour day standing on my head. Though I doubt I'd be very effective stacking and tying bungles of molding while on my head, but you get the idea.
I've lost contact with the majority of the people who know me, not with ill intent, but because I get up at 5am and return home at 3:30 wiped out and hobbling like an old, old man. This weekend will be my first meaningful weekend in 3 months, that calls for celebration. On Saturday I plan on drinking Nyquil ( I have a cold, not an addiction) and sleeping until Sunday when I'll clean my compartment and water my poor plants. After that, who knows... my money's on another long week of work. Adjustments adjustments....



1 Comments:
How long have you had this cold Justin? Hmmm?
Post a Comment
<< Home