Blog 68: Blog is the Loneliest #
Wednesday, April 06, 2005
I came home tonight feeling under the weather, whatever that means, I've never known, anyway it's not anything you can take medication for or get treatment at Mayo or Johns Hopkins. It's Lonely. Somehow I contracted Lonely. I've determined where the ailment comes from. Lonely comes from space, there's nothing more empty and quiet and distant than that and that's exactly how I feel. I feel like within my pink human form sits the vast emptiness of space, barren and silent and beautiful, but painfully empty. I've had Lonely before, I had a chronic case of it when I was a child and it flared up again in college. Lonely is like Herpes, there is no cure and you carry the virus with you forever and it creeps up just when you think you've beaten it. I'm speaking of Cold Sore Herpes, not the other kind. It's gross either way. Anyway, I thought that maybe I'd kicked Lonely for good, or at least for a good while. But it has a way of catching up to you when you're not watching for it.
Anyway, this post isn't a cry for attention and to be honest I'd rather not be cheered up about it. It's not a crying, weepy, pitiful case of Lonely that I have. It's not Flu Lonely. My strain of Lonely is more akin to living with only one lung. On the outside you seem the same but you always feel like you can never gather enough inside to complete you. That's melodramatic and a bit over the top. Melodrama and exaggeration are symptoms. I'm going to take some Nyquil and get some rest. With any luck it's a 24 hour bug.
Anyway, this post isn't a cry for attention and to be honest I'd rather not be cheered up about it. It's not a crying, weepy, pitiful case of Lonely that I have. It's not Flu Lonely. My strain of Lonely is more akin to living with only one lung. On the outside you seem the same but you always feel like you can never gather enough inside to complete you. That's melodramatic and a bit over the top. Melodrama and exaggeration are symptoms. I'm going to take some Nyquil and get some rest. With any luck it's a 24 hour bug.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home