Blog 53: Where the Streets Have No Blogs
Friday, March 25, 2005
Here's an insight into my psyche: I feel that my life right now is a bit like that quiet stillness before a thunderstorm. Everything seems to dull and flatten around the edges and the world just waits for something to happen. It senses the beast above it, creeping slowly over the plains and the earth shuts up, like a party when the uninvited guest walks through the door. I feel a constant presence over my shoulder, not a paranoid presence, just as though at any second something could happen to completely change the course of my life. I'm floating quietly in a backwater, passing time unitl the current seems right enough to carry me beyond. This is not to say that I'm not trying, it's not to say that I'm not out there every day looking for opportunities. It just that I need a little help. At this point in my life I'm not able to push myself out of the backwater on my own strength alone. I need a gust of holy wind to propell me into the stream again and I'm waiting patiently while paddling with my feet.
When I was younger I found myself in this same position, but it didn't seem to matter back then because I was young and still beneath my parent's wing. It didn't matter that I sat at home and occupied myself with trivial things to pass the time.
But now I'm almost 25, and it's time for life to start. It's time for something to happen, anything to happen. These are the first potent duldrums I've found myself in and I'm beginning to go mad with anticipation.
Like the plains in silent tension with the black clouds hovering above, I am waiting for the storm to break.
When I was younger I found myself in this same position, but it didn't seem to matter back then because I was young and still beneath my parent's wing. It didn't matter that I sat at home and occupied myself with trivial things to pass the time.
But now I'm almost 25, and it's time for life to start. It's time for something to happen, anything to happen. These are the first potent duldrums I've found myself in and I'm beginning to go mad with anticipation.
Like the plains in silent tension with the black clouds hovering above, I am waiting for the storm to break.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home