Blog 49: Blog! In the Name of Love!

Friday, March 18, 2005

Why do people fear love?

You meet someone at random. You strike up conversation, you hit it off. Things are going well. You're already picking out curtains in your head but then...oh?....what?...No, too good to be true, there must be something wrong. She's a stalker! She has herpes! She's from space! Quick, man, put up your shield!

Sound familiar? Don't lie.

I know of single people, I am one. Some of them claim to be looking for love. But they screen potential mates as if the balance of all matter in the universe depended on their job. Or their apartment or house, their car, phone, hair, shoes, watch, muscles, dick (or bewbs), family, name, past or present.

Love is the universal solvent. Love can take the barnacles off a tugboat. Love can get the grease stains out of your bowling jersey. 1 half cup of Love can clean 400 sq. ft. of linolium to a sheen your finest flatware would envy!

So why aren't people falling in love?

What, is it my face? My extra 15 lbs? My finances? When I say hello why do I think back to make sure I didn't say "You want to pet my monster?"

Cheers. This one's for all the singles out there.

STOP THINKING SO HARD AND JUST FEEL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home