Blog 43: Hitchin' a Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Well, I had an adventure last night. Sometimes I wish I could just talk and have the computer write what I say so I don't have to type. But oh well, here goes.

So, FriGG!! and I were sitting in the coffee shop at about 6 last night and thinking how lame Lakeview was and how there wasn't anything to do at all. We were both antsy for doing anything so we decided to drive the 97 miles to Klamath Falls for some 24 hour Denny's action and some Dollar Store hijinks. After sitting for 6 hours in Denny's talking about stuff and things and writing haiku about the loud people in the corner talking about god knows what and eating milkshake and soda and food and napkins we decide to resolve the evenining for it's best tidings and head for home. Well there were no open gas stations on the way through town so I figured, a little over 1/4 tank would make it home, well it made it home -20 miles. So yeah, ran out of gass on the side of a desert highway at 4:30am. We really only sat there for about 5 minutes before I got a trucker to stop by flashing SOS with the brake lights. He was a really nice guy and gave us a lift into town and a few hours later I caught a ride out to my car with a gas can and came home. I think I slept for 5 hours sometime during the day.

So, instead of sitting around being bored I had my first hitchhiking experience and got to write haiku about loud fat people and milkshakes.

Adventureland USA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home