Blog 19: Just Can't Wait to Get On the Blog Again
Wednesday, February 02, 2005
As I mentioned before, I've been released from the ball-crushing grip of employment yet again. However, this time I really didn't see it coming. I spent last Friday home sick with the very plague I'm riddled with at this moment and was informed by phone of my lay off by Armarna. I don't feel like boring people with the details of my 6 hour mope fest but I'll sum up by saying that I had a pity party and everyone was invited. I shaped up promptly the next morning but still had to wait a full weekend before I could make any life altering decisions. So Monday rolls around and I get shit handled like a pro, sign up for the ole' UE, knock out some applications, get the food stamp ball rolling and totally get hooked up with a rent free living space in the loft of a friend's house. Now it's Wednesday and I'm sitting on $138 a week in UE, $150 a month in food stamps and I'm almost packed up and out of my hovel. All I need now is another job but until that happens I'll be surviving completely off tax payer money. I feel like a benefit burden on society and life is good. I mean, sure, I'll have to share a kitchen and a bathroom with someone now and I'm living in about 2/3 the space I was before but it beats packing up and moving in with my parents again. I'm gonna give this grownup thing the ole' college try and see if I can't make it work down here. Besides, I think that everything happens for a reason so this could be the start of better things. I was never going to progress at Timlin, they never would have paid me more and I wouldn't have looked for another job as long as they kept me on the life support wages. So the rift forces me into re-evaluating my situation and allows me to try a different angle. So there, that's the story you've all been waiting for, and I haven't burned any buildings down or killed my boss' dog. Though I would if given a clear shot.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home