Blog 7: Why Does It Always Blog On Me?

Thursday, January 06, 2005

I'm of the opinion that everyone wants to be loved. That people are generally, in some way or another, looking for someone else. Wether it's friendship, romance or just simple connection. Well it's becoming apparent to me that something in our culture is making people feel like they need to deny that need, like they shouldn't trust their feelings when they meet someone. If someone introduces themself and they seem to have some kind of attraction to you, you're supposed to be suspicious and run from the creepy codependant leech, right? NO! Goddamit! Ok, here's the basis for this rant. I'm part of a clicky, high schoolish blog and friend site called myspace.com and I've tried making friends. A lot of them were girls with similar interests or guys that I could talk music and movies with, and most of the people I talk to either ignore me outright or small talk for a day or so then never write again. Yet they seem to be getting along great with their 200 other friends on the site. I'm not crushed over it, god knows most of these people will never meet me in person but it just seems to follow a general trend I've found in people. That something makes them steer clear of me. I've felt this all my life, a girl is single, looking for a boy, we get along, have stuff in common but then as soon as I let on that I may have feeling for her she freakes out and puts up a wall, sometimes it doesn't even take that long, sometimes people just brush me off like I come out of the gate with a ring and flowers singing love songs. Which I don't by the way. So is it a problem with me? Do I come off needy and creepy and not even know it? Or do most girls not really want a sensitive guy who cares about them and wants to make them happy? Do they just want tough guys with nice abs and great hair who will fuck them over for the next peice of ass that walks by? Seems to be. I don't know how many times I've heard the words "Oh I've got this friend who you would really get along with, but she's dating this total asshole." Or "You and my friend have a lot in common but she's into rebelious bad boys." Goddammit. I'm becoming a monk.

5 Comments:

Blogger CobyHoff said...

So, your profile says that one of your favorite books is Thoreau. Which book(s) by Thoreau have you read, and what was your reaction. I started reading Walden a couple months ago, and just couldn't get into it. Maybe I need to push past the first couple chapters?

9:28 AM  
Blogger CobyHoff said...

That previous post really has nothing to do with this post at all. I just wanted to post. I had to make my own blog to do it, even.

9:31 AM  
Blogger CobyHoff said...

To actually comment on the post, That girl that we told you was going out with a jerk... Well, his jerkitude seems to have been severely over-estimated. It turns out he loves her and gave her a big rock on a ring to prove it. They're engaged. Probably doesn't make you feel any better, but if anyone can sympathize with your current situation, I can. Not now, but in the past. When our roles were reversed.

12:43 PM  
Blogger CobyHoff said...

Ha ha. Seeing as how I was the first person to post a reply to any of Puffmagic's posts, I didn't think I would be under the scrutiny of the public eye. My apologies for the inappropriateness of my comments. You have cut me to the core, Frigg. (not really, but everybody likes drama online, right?)

8:35 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

STOP FIGHTING ON MY BLOG! Allow me to introduce: cobyhoff is Jacob, my best friend since High School, The Frigg is Josh, my Lakeview friend of like mind and drinking habits. You kids behave.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home